In last weeks blog, we learned that 90% of people who set goals and resolutions for the New Year have completely abandoned them by April.
I wanted to unpack this a bit more this week to figure out why this is the case. I really believe knowledge is power.
As the late great Maya Angelou once said, “When you know better, you do better.”
It is time to harness the magic that 2019 has to offer you! There's still so much time left to make this year amazing.
I believe the #1 reason people give up on their goals is because they have repetitive negative thoughts and beliefs looping in their subconscious mind telling them why success isn't possible for them.
Basically, deep in the subconscious mind, (so deep you don’t even know it's happening) there is a deeply ingrained belief you can't do it (whatever “it” is), that it’s impossible, that you are not capable, and that you might as well give up.
- I’m too old
- I’m too fat
- Not good enough
- Not pretty enough
- Not smart enough
- Don’t have the right certification or degree
- Not talented enough
- Not rich enough
- I’m too broke
- I can’t afford it
- I’m not strong enough
- I can’t handle it
- I’ll do it next year (I’ll do it when the time is right)
This list goes on and on and on.
Now that we have all of that out of that crap out of the way, I want to tell you the truth…
You were meant for greatness! No matter what your goals are, you can do it despite what your subconscious mind has to say.
Here’s the cool thing, you don’t have to hustle, struggle, or change anything about yourself physically in order to succeed. What you have to do instead is clean up what’s happening in your mind.
The key to changing your thoughts and beliefs is to consciously cultivate positive thoughts, words, and phrases that you repeat every single day.
If you do this enough, over time, it will obliterate the negative beliefs, thoughts, and self-talk that are holding you back from succeeding at your big dreams.
One great way you can do this is by listening to the positive affirmations track I have available for free on my website. (PS- I am currently recording some new tracks that will be available for free download soon! Stay tuned!)
If you want to take things a step further, you can start your day off with powerful intention setting. In this blog, from a few weeks ago, we learned how powerful intention setting is for increasing motivation and increasing productivity. Believe it or not, there is tons of science to prove this.
I have created 15 powerful intentions for you to use every day to get yourself back on track towards achieving your goals.
Intentions are basically declarations you make to the universe about how you will live your life moving forward and the choices you will make.
Use the 15 Powerful Intentions below to help rewire your brain for success.
1. No matter what is happens in my life, I thrive!
2. Everything is happening in my favor (even when things appear to be negative I know they are happening FOR me NOT to me.)
3. I easily make choices that serve my high and best good and the high and best good of the world.
4. I choose thoughts, beliefs, and self talk that support my growth.
5. I listen to my soul and trust my intuition.
6. I choose to follow love over fear every single day. When I notice myself start to fall into a fear-based cycle, I easily bring myself back to peace and love.
7. I understand that self-care isn't selfish. When I take care of myself first I have more energy and love to give to others.
8. I bring positive and supportive people into my life. I release low vibrational relationships.
9. I am committed to my happiness and success.
10. I make choices that support my success and growth.
11. I love and accept myself exactly as I am. I am allowed to be both a work in progress and a masterpiece at the same time.
12. I understand that I am a powerful manifester. My thoughts create my reality so I choose them wisely.
13. I practice gratitude everyday for all that I have, for who I am, and for what I am capable of.
14. I understand that life isn’t linear. Without the lows, the highs wouldn't’ feel as sweet. I accept and respect both.
15. I say yes to my life and to all the opportunities that can expand my growth. Even when they seem scary or like I can’t do it, I check in with my soul and then say yes.
Read these out loud every morning before you start your day. You can also record yourself saying them into the recorder on your phone and listen to the track a few times a day. If you enjoy journalling, write down these intentions daily. (I like to do all 3, sometimes on the same day and other days I only do 1 or 2 methods.)
If you'd like to discuss and learn even more this topic join me LIVE today (Tuesday, April th) at 1 pm EST. All you have to do is CLICK HERE to join the private Mindset By Design for Her Facebook group where I will be going live. Can't wait to hang out with you there!
Wishing you so much love!
Book a Soulmate Session
Free Positive Affirmations MP3